Monday, January 28, 2013

Pattern mixing an experiment

I like to experiment with pattern mixing. Many other bloggers have tutorials on how to do it. 
A summary of what to do is:
1. mix a stripe with a floral
2. keep the colors in the prints the same or very close
3. choose different scales in the print combinations


two patterns plus color

three patterns plus color

small pattern

another curvy pattern
Hopefully I followed the guidelines and here is what I came up with. Do you like it??
 I'm linking up with visible Monday on Not Dead Yet Style.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I really, really like it! Esp with the vivid red trousers, great mixing : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good and follows the guideliness , I have started experimenting with pattern mixing and am getting the hang of it and feeling much more confident... as matter of fact have a look with polk a dots and stripes for tomorrows blog post..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to shop my closet as well and pattern mixing was one thing I hadn't done much of. By doing so I have a whole bunch more possibilities.

      Delete
  3. I have a similar top and tried some pattern mixing with it, but it just did not do it for me. You did a great job on your pattern mixing though! Love the red pants. Such a bright touch of color.

    ReplyDelete