Monday, January 14, 2013

My casual is dressy to others and too casual for some

What is your casual? When I get casually dressed invariably one of my neighbors will see me walking the dogs and ask, "Where are you going you are always so dressed up?" I find this confusing because compared to many other bloggers I am way TOO casual. So What is your casual?? 

I know some people dress up for their blog photos then get into their 'gear'(sweats-yoga pants etc) that they wear around the house and to the store. I just don't want to do that unless I'm getting sweaty. I like to get dressed in the morning and then not think about it all day. I bought my clothes to wear them not just have them hang in my closet. 
When I was a kid my mother would always tell me when I got home from school, " Get into your play clothes"! That use to stick with me, but I was always embarrassed if I ran into people at the grocery store and I was wearing my sweats etc.


Here is a photo of a typical casual outfit for me. I love color so I'm combining my turquoise button down shirt with a Kelly green button down sweater. I added my jewelry for the spice. These are my favorite jeans. They are a tad loose but that way I don't get any negative crotch creases if you know what I mean...
My hair is a little wonky because I am growing it out to a bob. No makeup just the normal me. 
 So do you get casual and stay that way all day or do you dress up and down during the day depending on what you are doing? Are you more dressy or more casual?

4 comments:

  1. I dress up every day and then change into my PJ's when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to dress nice everyday and yes it is dressy for my area where the common dress is usually a message tee or sweatshirt over old jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I know same here. My neighbor says my clothing is a form of entertainment for her..she looks forward to seeing what I'm wearing each day. I decided to take that as a compliment:)

      Delete