Wednesday, January 9, 2013

undertones in neutrals/another jacket look 30/30 challenge

 Undertones are so important so even though neutrals should all go together they don't.
 In my closet and in the lighting of my bedroom these two items looked like I could wear them together:the jacket and the pants.They are both brown fabric. But in the lighting of the flash do you see how the two browns don't go together?
The jacket and scarf are both browns with golden undertones. The pants are a brown with a pinky beige undertone.
I think design wise the pants and the jacket work well together but the colors were so off I had to change into a warm brown pair of pants I own.
If you want to read more about undertones of color I suggest you look at Maria Killiam design website really good information.

No comments:

Post a Comment