Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I digress from my 30-30 challenge to feature another sewing project

vogue 8713
arm blingage


top stitching

side front drape
Vogue 8713

I thought it would be fun to make up something quick using Linen in various colors. I love this vest am not sure it is a very flattering style on me but it is my attempt to create something different than I would usually wear. 
This pattern went together so smoothly I am thinking of making the other version of it on the pattern. I am thinking of wearing this over jeans and a t-shirt in the summer.. 
I top stitched using the 'feather-stitch'. At first I matched the color of the thread in places to the fabric but that didn't show up, then  Idid the brown top stitching on the gold fabric and the gold top stitching on the brown fabric in the back. (you get the idea)








2 comments:

  1. That's fabulous. I think it's really cute and flattering. I love the colors you chose, and the topstitching just makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment. I wasn't sure I had done too much mixing. It was an experiment.

      Delete