Friday, June 7, 2013

My new style description Generic Chic...WHAT????

I love exercises whereby I need to come up with descriptive words that describe my style. I always come up with words that I like but do they really describe ME. The answer is actually no they do not. Flamboyant Natural, Classic colorful glamorous, Textural whimsey, Modern girl next door, Equestrian Safari, Tribal meet suburban, Edgy classic, Cargo junkie, Pre-sixty sex goddess... and the descriptors go on and on. 
So I had this epiphany while at the grocery store. I was thinking about the classic Chanel purse 2.25 the one with the chain handle. Would I ever really feel comfortable about spending 2,000.00 to 3,000.00 dollars on this purse. Would I not feel guilty for such an indulgence. I admit it is a beautifully crafted accessory. I don't dispute it's value but would I really be that happy by owing one. I am not sure that the happiness factor would be that high. I probably would be happier to give the $2000.00 to $3000.00 to a worthy college student to help them off set some expenses. Now that would definitely give me a higher happiness factor. 
So why do I claim to be a fashionable person if I wouldn't really own a Chanel bag.
Back to the style statement. I have it Generic Chic. -Generic (Noun) meaning a product having no brand name or registered trademark

 
-Chic (Adjective)
Elegantly and stylishly fashionable.

Noun
Stylishness and elegance, typically of a specified kind.

Synonyms
adjective.  stylish - elegant - smart - posh - fashionable - dressy
noun.  style - elegance - smartness
 
I want to be stylish and elegant but with the non label stuff.  There I said it. I don't need the real expensive stuff. The copies are good enough for me.
So here it is guys Generic Chic. The styles that are current without the expense of the designer originals. I am happy with copies.
By the way this in no way is a judgement of those who want to spend the money on the originals. That is okay I am not judging it just isn't right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment