Friday, January 17, 2014

Three pieces of the wardrobe done...

The first piece I made was from Vogue8972
I made the short sleeved one in the lower left of the pattern picture. It has no side seams just two seams that run diagonally from around the body. I liked this pattern but it runs big. I will use the next smaller size when I use it again. The length was quite long as well. I had to decide how long I wanted it. I ended up hemming to crotch length.the picture on the right.





The pants are from Simplicity pattern 1617. I has some fabric that was given to me. It is a tie-dyed fabric that was a caftan. I deconstructed the caftan and had enough to sew these pants with the funky pockets.

This pattern runs big. My waistline is four inches bigger than the largest size on the pattern but I made it straight from the pattern and it fits not only does it fit but it is a tad big. I will be making these in an above kneed length next and will cut them out a size smaller. I will never figure out the "ease' they build into patterns. This description stated semi-fitted.
The third piece I made was from Vogue P955 a blouse. I made it out of a fine cotton fabric.
I made view B. This pattern was a hand me down that had already been used. It was cut out into size 16. Normally I make a 20-22 size pattern but this one fit really well. This is a very loose top so the designer ease made up the difference.
I am not sure I like my button choice and could change it.

Here are some other options.
I will be wearing this blouse with a cami underneath because it is a little sheer. I will probably pair it with leggins or skinny jeans.
When I finish all of my pieces I will post some outfit combinations. What are you sewing lately??

No comments:

Post a Comment