Did I mention that the pattern sheet is a little vague in places as well. I almost had to do the sleeve inserts twice. I made a mistake on the muslin and didn't realize it until I went to do the fashion fabric. (Good thing I labeled all of my pattern pieces with painters tape.)
I know that if I ever make this jacket again I will skip all of the top stitching.
I have the body all sewn together and top stitched. I have the lining sewn together. I am finishing the sleeve assembly and will then set them into the body of the jacket. Then there is putting the lining into the jacket with facings sewn between the lining and the jacket. Never had both facings and lining before. Then there is the bottom band on the jacket and the sleeves. Sandra Betzinger sure put a lot of steps into this design. My new goal is to finish this jacket by Christmas. My old goal was to finish it by Thanksgiving. NOT!
The top stitching is done with gold thread. It is triple sewn and along the seam edges.
|sleeve insert &upper sleeve|