Sunday, April 14, 2013

My new spring hats Inspired by the 20's and more modern facinators




I have been busy making some hats for my first show in May 4 & 5 at Montpelier Wine Festival in Orange VA. I have definitely been inspired by Dontown Abbey and Mr. Selfridge shows on television. I love the look of the turn of the century hats as well as those from the 1920's. Granted I am not a model but if they look good on me they will look fantastic on other people.
I also like the facinator styles that are catching on over here in the United States.

Hope you will come to the event and tell me you are a fellow blogger.  Talking about fellow bloggers I am going over to Not Dead Yet Style to see what everyone is talking about today. Not Dead Yet Style

10 comments:

  1. You are most definitely a model, and you look fabulous in these hats. I think #1 is my favorite but they are all lovely. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful on all these hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful hats! I really need to wear mine more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented. Love the hats and wish I lived near the wine festival. I am adding you to Bloglovin', Addrienne - and may pester you for some hat tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and did you know I am a fellow Corgi owner too. Love that breed. I would be glad to give you hat tips..I do think you look good in your hats.

      Delete
  5. In my opinion certain hats are made for certain people.. I personally think the kind of hats that suits me has to be something in the same line of Panama, even Fedora could look funny on my head given some days. BUT you look great in these! I especially love the 20s inspired, has more character in my opinion :) Thanks for dropping by my humble blog, appreciate it :)

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you live in Dubai. They have some great hats there at the horse events.At least from what I have seen posted on the internet.. Thanks for the compliment and stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a pure delight! So glad I found your blog, I have spent the last 30 minutes reading through this and have been so uplifted. Wish I could hop on a plane and attend your event, I would so love to purchase some or all of those incredible hats but most of all to meet you face to face. Look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the high praise. I have looked at your blog too and what wonderful photography. Your pictures of the whales are so marvelous. The tea party hat outfit is to die for. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete