Thursday, October 18, 2012

Project Runway Finale: Are you watching?

I love watching Project Runway. It is so inspiring. I couldn't do it. All that pressure to create something good.  Who do you think will win? I don't know but I am rooting for all of them. 
Well I am allotting this weekend to start a big sewing project that I have been mulling over in my head for a year. I belong to the American Sewing Guild and we were supposed to do a jacket. Well I hemmed and hawed, bought fabric and patterns and even cut out some slopers and attempted to fit myself. Something wasn't quite right. I had bought this Connie Crawford pattern Butterick 5574. I was going to make this 'Channelesque' jacket in a yellow/creme tweed. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Where will I wear such a formal jacket. I know many style them with jeans but after all of the couture work it didn't seem logical to just wear it with jeans. 
I finally have decided on a jeans jacket made out of brown denim with a bit of gold sparkle in it. It will fit better with my self proclaimed style,'Flamboyant Natural'. I am going to use this Vogue 1036 pattern and I think it will look really more like 'me'. So this weekend I am going to take pictures of the fabric and make a sloper out of muslin and start the process. I am so stoked because I feel the design lines of this jacket will flatter my top heavy self. I also think that the princess lines will be easier to make the full bust adjustments. I love the pieced sleeves with top stitching I think they will be quite interesting. Pictures to follow wish me luck and hope you love my new DIY project

No comments:

Post a Comment