Friday, July 15, 2016

Spring Components


M7094


M7094

I made two spring tops to go with the pants I talked about in my previous post. The tops came out more successfully than the pants did. I did not have anything in my wardrobe that was this pale lilac color. My pants were made with a linen type fabric with this lavender/ lilac color. I used lace on the pants pocket. The lace on the top is the same lace.
The Tye-dye fabric I just saw at my local Hancock's Fabric store that is going out of business. I had been wanting to try that McCall's 7094 pattern. It is too big but wearable. I loved the shoulder tucks. I am wearing the lilac pants with it in the pictures below. Do you like my sidekick, Willow the Corgi?

McCalls 7191 Is another top that I recently made. I also made a knit jacket to throw over it.
I love the cut out back in this pattern. The pattern was true to size and I just needed to do a simple Full Bust pattern adjustment. I used Sarah Veblens book to do this with and it came out perfectly. My new dog walking outfit. I used the left over fabric to trim my hat. I just rolled edge the fabric and draped it on the crown and pinned it with a matching flower trim. the knit jacket was a Simplicity jacket. I used some knit fabric I had from my mothers stash. I top stitched it with some variegated Superior thread. It came out beautifully.






3 comments:

  1. Great job! Lots of mix & match--way to sew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading my blog and making a comment

      Delete
  2. Great job! Lots of mix & match--way to sew!!

    ReplyDelete