Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Being true to my style:Flambouyant Natural

I love style archetypes. I think they are fun to read about and fun to try and analyze yourself with their parameters. I saw this book Metamorphosis: Discover Your Image Identity and Dazzle as Only you Can by David  Kibbee written in 1987 as one of the more thorough presentations on the subject. It talks about Yin/Yang physical properties and is quite heady. I decided from digesting his information that I was a 'Flamboyant Natural'.  There is a website that discusses his concepts in more detail at: http://seasonalcolor.yuku.com/forums/71/wardrobe-and-style

I also liked a group of clothing that I found over at the Vivienne Files that were a perfect collect of these types of looks. I love khaki green, I love cargo types of pants, I love the artsy vest, cardigan sweaters, knit jackets etc but very casual.
I also liked these summer looks that I found on 'Cabi Canary' on what to wear with cut off jeans or cargo shorts.
So I tried to recreate these looks for myself. I was trying to do the loose blouse look over cut off jeans but am disappointed by how BAD my jeans look because they are so rumpled...UGH.
In the next photo I was copying the cargo shorts with the drapey summer weight vest. The greens match fairly well and I think this is a better attempt at my new style. Do you have a style type that defines you? How did you figure yourself out?

1 comment:

  1. I think all of these outfits are great! You've done a really good job of interpreting them for your own style.

    I don't know if I have a defining style - I just keep on trying different things and making mistakes, and learning!

    Adrienne, thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it.

    Cheers,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete