Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hair do update growing hair out into a Bob, July update


Feb 2013




The above ladies are my Bob 'Mentors'. I admit that I am not a Hollywood star nor nearly as young but I do have hair. I also did not anticipate the effect humidity would have on maintaining this haircut. Mine is a big frizz ball by 11:00 am. I am using anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner and flat-ironing it each morning. I am thinking about going curly because why fight the natural tendency of my hair to curl. Maybe I can do my hair like the last picture. She has a fuller face and about the same volume of hair as me. What would you do?
July 2013

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of growing my Louise Brooks haircut out as well. I have frizz too, but don't worry so much about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got tired of the Louise Brooks haircut much faster than I thought:(

      Delete
  2. i don't know!!! i am having hair hoo ha as well, i've had a lot of thinning in the front since the menopause (it actually seems to have stopped rather than paused, ha!) which really changes the weight/texture and now i'm stumped. Plus Mr. E b7tch3s incessantly if i chop it super short, plus i had it super short when i was younger so then i think 'eh, it would be nice to do something NEW...'

    all i can say it i cut some bangs a couple of weeks ago and i am liking them. other than that, it's a hot mess! Hooray for hats! take care and best of luck hair-wise to us all, steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother's hair got thinner and she invested in some really bad wigs. Now she is over it and wears it in a pixie and it looks really cute. My hair did the opposite and the texture has gotten much thicker and wiry. Good in a way but hard to control.
      I'm researching how to deal with curly hair. There are so many videos out there some amazingly humorous. Do a search on 'plopping' and you will see what I mean. Leave it to the young to come up with that method..

      Delete