Wednesday, September 30, 2020

 Zoom has changed my life. I have been able to take classes from milliners all over the world because of Zoom. I love it. My first class was with Lina Stein on swirled bias sinemay. Next I took a class from Alison Clark on using Jinsin mats. A very stiff material. There were several classes from Australian milliner Phillip Rhodes. He utilizes things you have around your workroom. Interesting techniques. Neil Grigg has mastered the making of bows. Now I have some fine examples in my repertoire. Louise MacDonald taught a class on making ribbon cockades. It was going great until my computer crashed. Then there was a class on the Tracey Chapman technique. Great lengths of swirled bias sinemay as brims. 




Look at these Buntal Mat Saucers. They make great fascinators. This technique I actually learned from Louise MacDonald on Hat Academy. 


These hats were also made out of Buntal Mats via a Louise MacDonald class as well. More pictures of my creations to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment